Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Same Kind of Different as Me by Denver Moore & Ron Hall

Several years ago I had the pleasure of reading a truly great book, Same Kind of Different as Me written by Denver Moore & Ron Hall. Denver Moore was a "homeless" man who became really close friends with Ron Hall & his wife, Debbie.  The book shares a great deal about their story.  One night when I was reading I could not put the book down and read into the early hours of the morning.  I found myself writing down many of the quotes and sayings from the book because they were so wise and inspirational to me.  In today's blog, I share with you some of those quotes and sayings:
 
“Every man should have the courage to stand up and face the enemy, cause every person that looks like an enemy on the outside ain’t necessarily one on the inside.”  Denver Moore

Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Denver asks, What did God say when he finished makin the world and all that is in it?  Ron answers, “It is good.”  Denver responds, “Exactly.”

Denver, “Money can’t buy no blessins.”

Joshua & Caleb, Land flowed with milk and honey.  The bad news is the land is inhabited with Giants.  Do Not Be Afraid!

Denver, “You know you got to get the devil out the house, ‘fore you can clean it up!”

Homeless woman in Fort Worth quote, “Why are you so happy?  I woke up!  And that’s reason enough to be happy!”

Plucky – definition – spirited and brave.

Denver asks, “Mr. Ron, does you own something that each one of them keys fits?  Ron answers, “Yes.”  Denver responds, “Are you sure you own them, or does they own you?”

Denver, “A successful person is one who can thank God for nothing, and then He will give him everything!”

What must befall thee, must befall thee, what must pass ye by, must pass ye by!”

Mr. Ron asks Denver, “will you be my friend?”  Denver responds, “let me think about it.”  The next day Denver says, “So Mr. Ron, if you is fishin for a friend you just goin to catch and release, then I ain’t got no desire to be your friend.”  “But if you is lookin for a real friend, then I’ll be one.  Forever.”

“All good medicine tastes bad!”  Aunt Etha

“I ran out of strong.”  Carson Hall

“You are welcome in our home.”  Debbie Hall

Denver when Miss Debbie (Ron’s wife) dies, tells Mr. Ron, “I know when somebody you love is gone that’s the last time you feel like thankin God.  But some times we has to be thankful for the things that hurt us.  Cause some times God does things that hurt us, but they help somebody else.”

Solomon, “There was found in the city a certain poor man who was wise and by his wisdom, he saved the city.”

“You never know whose eyes God is watchin you through.”  Denver Moore

Denver: “But I found out everybody’s different – the same kind of different as me.  We’re all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us.  The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or something in between, this earth ain’t no final restin place.  So in a way, we is all homeless – just workin our way toward home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment